Arborist Trainees are responsible for maintenance and removal of trees and managing jobs from start to finish under the supervision and training of the Tree Care Foreman. Individuals in this position may provide supervision and training for Tree Care Laborers. Maintenance and completion of daily records and logs, as well as minor maintenance on equipment and vehicles may also a responsibility of this job. Job could include spraying or injecting of trees.
This is a full-time seasonal position. Season is NOW through November.
Essential Job Functions
- Loads trucks with logs and debris often weighing 50 lbs. or more. Loads brush into chipper.
- Uses hand lines and come-along to loosen limbs and pull trees for felling
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Carries, stows and lays out materials and equipment at worksite
- Works from ground and ladders using handsaws, polesaws, pruners, loppers and gas-powered chainsaws
- Drives trucks and operates other equipment as assigned
- Services trucks and other equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in neat and orderly condition. Reports need for repairs and servicing of trucks and assigned equipment to Tree Care Foreman
- Safeguards employees and public from in and around the work area, staying in voice communication with sawyers and workers aloft
- Helps enforce safe job practices
- Safely operate chainsaw to fell buck and limb trees
- Operate tracked or rubber tired skidsteer with bucket and grapple attachment
- Assist in tree removals involving cranes
- Perform pruning to ANSI 300 standards
- High School Diploma
- Valid CO Driver's License
- Clean Driving Record
Ceres Landcare cultivates beautiful landscapes in the highly desirable mountain communities of Summit and Eagle Counties and surrounding areas.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $11 to $15 Hour
Tree Climber / Bucket Truck Operator
Please only apply if you have at least 3 years of experience in tree climbing and rigging. This is not a training position.
- Please only apply if you have at least 3 years of experience in tree climbing and rigging. This is not a training position.
- This is a full-time, seasonal position
- Pay is dependent on ability
- Must have Colorado drivers license with clean driving history
- Language: Must speak fluent English
- Day shift, 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday
- On Call for emergency response
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred but will help train the right candidate
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
Construction Field Supervisor
This person will work directly with the Construction department manager and various landscaping crews. This position is for the field management of high-end residential and commercial landscape construction projects.
Ceres Landcare is a professional, full-service landscaping firm with its main branches located in Summit and Eagle county. Our offices in the heart of the Rockies enable us to work, live, and play within the beautiful mountain environment of Colorado. We pride ourselves in the quality of our work and strive daily to be recognized as the leading landscaping company in this region. We are committed to employing the absolute best people in the industry in this region. We train from within and we commit to the professional development of our team members.
We are currently accepting applications for a Construction Field Supervisor who is experienced in high end residential and commercial landscape projects.
- Field management of high-end residential and commercial landscape construction projects.
- Ability to lead and motivate crew members to meet schedule deadlines.
- Construct work of the best quality in order to exceed client expectations.
- Ensure that all crew members are conforming with company standards and safety policies.
- Assist with daily equipment inspections and maintenance.
- Train crew members to use small hand tools and powered tools safely and efficiently.
- Understand crew needs and materials required to complete assigned work.
- Maintain a weekly construction schedule and coordinate updates with the Construction Manager.
- Competent in all aspects of landscape construction within mountain environments.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints. Must communicate potential design or construction issues immediately with the Construction Manager.
- Experience leading one or more crews and training team members to complete assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of basic construction techniques and safety practices.
- Bilingual preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in landscape construction, irrigation, and planting.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must have a valid driver license.
Hourly rate ranges from $20 - $30 per hour depending on qualifications.
Maintenance Account Manager
This person will be responsible for maintaining an existing book of business while also prospecting, estimating on new projects. You will work directly with the operations manager to properly dispatch sold work and assist in managing job quality.
Commercial Account Managers coordinate sales between business units, completing duties such as meeting potential clients, determining their needs, presenting products training, attending industry events and responsible for a portfolio of commercial landscape maintenance accounts. We are looking for someone with drive, ambition, and highly motivated Sales Associate with extensive customer service to become part of our integrated commercial sales team. This includes maximizing customer satisfaction and ensuring delivery of quality services while achieving goals for revenue, profitability, and contract renewals through effective management.
- Business Development - soliciting new commercial maintenance contracts.
- Building an outstanding production team - developing employees and working with employees to build and support a team environment.
- Managing and organizing production, exceed budget projections, client retention, people, and processes into a dynamic well-functioning business unit for our high-quality service including understanding basic horticultural concepts and always working efficiently and safely.
- Create work plans and Ensure they are followed to meet and exceed customers’ expectations through effective communication, relationship building and regular site visits.
- Selling enhancement services to improve site conditions; coordinating with other branch employees and customers to ensure that enhancement work is completed successfully, on budget and on time.
- Ensuring a safe environment for employees, customers, and the public
- Acting as a liaison between clients and our branch to ensure that receivables are current, and collections are performed if needed.
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting Company culture
- Gathering and analyzing customer needs and interests; building strong business relationships and providing solutions to challenges
- Providing customers with clear and easy to understand information pertaining to all our high-quality products and services.
- Delivering and following up on bid packages to ensure that clients have enough information to make an informed decision.
- Successfully communicating Company’s commitment to quality and passion for the landscape industry.
- Work with the Operations Manager to properly dispatch sold jobs and to assist in managing site quality.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Horticulture, Ag Science, Landscape Maintenance, Agronomy, Floriculture, Forestry, Plant and Soil Science, Environmental Design, Turf Grass or Landscape Architecture
- Customer service experience – able to identify and resolve customer concerns.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with internal staff
- Savvy, able to sell, and speak to a high standard of Ceres products.
- Extroverted and multi-tasking individual.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with drive and ambition.
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Part of a team that delegates, supports and encourages your high-quality expectations for your clients
- Attractive Base Salary + commission
- Company Vehicle
- Company benefits (Health Insurance, PTO, 401k)